Our deep dive into Tekumel and the life & works of Phil Barker continues, with professional help in the form of TENEPOD’s own Fritz. Together we explore facets of the Tekumel setting and the stance the main actors of the Tekumel foundation seem to have taken, and their silence on many topics. We discuss the playstyle of the Barker group(s) and collect ideas for a general explanation about the fascism – fantasy connection. Many tangents are included, not the least of which is where we discuss Gary Gygax’s take on alignment and his Chivington reference on the old EN-World Q&A threads.
- The Empire Never Ended amerikanski-balkanski anti-fascist podcast
- Teaser to Part 2 of TENEPOD’s analysis of Serpent’s Walk
- Tekumel Podcast
- James Mal cannot be bothered to give a fuck
- Phil Barker’s early contributions to Sci Fi fandom
- Tekumel Foundation director’s statement
- Inloes, Amina. „Muhammad Abd al‐Rahman (Phillip) Barker: Bridging Cultural Divides through Fantasy/Science‐Fiction Role‐Playing Games and Fictional Religion.“ The Muslim World 108.3 (2018): 387-418.
- Tekumel-Collecting blog post with interesting discussion thread